Sunday, June 17, 2007

Terry Von Deaver

Rev. Deaver...Father
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play | Make your own Smilebox

Happy Father's Day! Check out the card we sent my wonderful father, Terry. I have one memory of my dad that I'd like to share today. One day I was at a Chadron, NE high school football game. I think that's what it was. I was pretty young. There were two drunk and obnoxious guys sitting behind us. Many people had asked them to quiet down. They were even spitting on some people. I remember they were pretty big guys. I was scared of them and it seemed others were too. We needed a hero in that moment. So my dad turned around and said something to the affect of, "Hey guys! Give me those bottles and get out of here!" Needless to say, I was proud to be his son that day and am proud this day as well. Oh yeah, I should mention that those guys handed the bottles over and scrammed.

No comments: