Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kitchen Transformation!

This is by far the biggest project I've tackled. It is finished. One of my favorite speakers these days talks about how all of life is gardening. We are called to subdue the earth and rule over it. Well, I just did that to my kitchen. It was very devotional for me to consider how I can glorify my Creator even while working on my kitchen. I hope many of you will be able to be recipients of our hospitality made possible by our newly fashioned kitchen. Call before you come over though as in American culture we tend to get overwhelmed with unexpected visits for some reason.

Many thanks to all who have been part of this process to varying degrees. Thanks to Paxton, my remodeling sensei, Ken, my cabinet connection, Frey Designer Countertops for the corian construction, Joe for destruction, tool-usage, and cabinet-hanging, Zach for drywall expertise and installation help, Andy for some electric work and cabinet hanging, Majed for cabinet hanging, Stu for hardibacker screwing in, my supporters for their support, everyone who said they like the kitchen as I need encouragement every step of the way, Jambo for moral support, Maris for patience with a huge mess, the texture idea, outlet cover covering and being my beautiful wife, and God for granting me strength, wisdom, patience, finances, food to fix in the kitchen and breath for another day!

5 comments:

Patrick said...

absolutely beautiful! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Job! (Now, did I see a "Prego" jar by the sink in one of those pics?!) We're excited to see you guys tomorrow.

~Courtney

Anonymous said...

UNBELIEVABLE! I cannot fathom the time that went into that project. We redid cabinets and floors only and I thought it would never end. It looks amazing.

Creationship said...

Congratulations. It looks beautiful!

Mark Grapengater said...

Dude, that's impressive!

We need to catch up. I'll make an effort towards that goal. Peace.