Sunday, July 16, 2006

My Trombone Solo

This is the third summer I've played for the Abilene Community Band's one jazz concert. The last two summers I played piano. This summer I was replaced by an old man on the ivories and asked to man the trombone. I have this connection because I student taught a couple years ago with the director of this band. This was a great evening because Maris joined me for the third time. I had other fans in the crowd as well; Tone-bone from Wyandotte, Daiki and Cholo from Japan, and Mansour from Saudi Arabia. My parents also drove up from Augusta and took us out for ice cream. To top it all off I got paid $50 and sweated profusely in the 100 degree heat. Here's a clip from one of my solos. I'm playing mostly rhythmic stuff (listen carefully for the paradiddle).

No comments: