Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Pot. #2

Yesterday, July 24th, 2006, I caught my first fish that was big enough to eat. It was a 13-inch bass. Of course moments later Daiki caught a 17-inch catfish but I was happy nonetheless (I'll post some nasty pictures for you shortly). At any rate, it got us to thinking about how Jesus said to Simon and Andrew in Matthew 4:19, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." To be a fisher of fish and a fisher of men takes great patience I've discovered. Sometimes all they want is a nibble of what I have. Sometimes they're not at all interested in my stink bait. But every once in awhile one bites hard and I've caught him. That is when we celebrate. I can fish all day long and catch nothing one day and then the next day I'm pulling them in like no other. I guess the important thing is that I'm always fishing. I think we're going to head back out to the lake tomorrow morning if you want to join us (Pottawatamie Lake #2).

1 comment:

Praveen said...

if you go in the evening time..let me know..i would like to join you...