Saturday, May 05, 2007

...that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

The words that keep coming to my mind during this time is found in Psalm 90. The Psalmist asks God to teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. I want to have wisdom as I traverse this fallen world. Notice he wants to gain a heart, not mind, of wisdom. He's talking about wisdom to love God and people well. Wisdom is what the writer of Proverbs says is more valuable than silver and gold. That is what I want. That is what I want for you as well. May God teach us to number our days correctly, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. To read more of Psalm 90 click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree...we all need to constantly be reflective, but what a hard thing to do in our rushed world. Praying that your time there is sufficient for reflection and leaning on grace.
--Leslie