Thursday, March 19, 2009

30 Years Old!

I'm not talking about me. I'm only 28 (but I certainly feel like an old man now that I have a baby, sore back and glasses...I used to wear contacts because I was an active dude but now who am I kidding?). I'm talking about Jesus, when He began His ministry. There was something encouraging about reading that Jesus didn't begin His ministry until He was about 30 years of age. He increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man until that time. Somehow even the Son of God took time to develop into His role in the Kingdom of God. What a refreshing thought for a young buck like myself who wants to figure out my role indefinitely and roll with it. "Not so fast, sonny!" rings in my ears as I read Luke 2:52 & 3:23. I can chill out. God is shaping me no doubt. This is a word to myself and to any other young would-be stallions out there trying to make their way in this fallen world (dare I say, striving to make a name for themselves).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, THANK YOU!!! I have no words to express how encouraging this post is for someone quickly approaching the quarter century mark ... and undergoing a "quarter-life crisis" in the process.

Anonymous said...

word.