Thursday, February 02, 2006

Quarter of a Century

I am 25 years old as of January 26, 2006. My body is taking this thing pretty hard (not really but it seemed like the thing to say). As you can see in this picture of me at Carlos O'Kelly's getting ready to eat my free, birthday fried ice cream, I'm excited. I think a man's search for significance leads him to ask if what he's doing and has done has been worthwhile. When I ask that question of myself I see God's faithful hand in and through my life. However, when I look to the future, I begin to become anxious wondering what the next 25 years will bring. It's interesting that I still get anxious even after quoting Philippians 4:6-7 to myself for more than a decade. This is a riddle I must solve. At any rate, I am presently trying to not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, to present my requests to God. Now I'm waiting for the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, to guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus...




 
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Happy belated birthday my friend.